DIRECTOR – VIRTUAL PRODUCTION OPERATIONS
Our innovative and growing company is looking for a Director – Virtual Production Operations. BockTech builds, manages, and rents virtual studios for film, video, and live-event engagements. We also manage and staff in-house studios for corporate and media organizations. In addition, BockTech creates and curates submitted libraries of virtual environments and sets using Unreal and our virtual marketplace. Please review the list of responsibilities and qualifications. While this is our ideal list, we will consider candidates that do not necessarily have all the qualifications but have sufficient experience and talent.
Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer, the DVPO supports the needs of the studio and clients to output high quality, cutting edge virtual production video and live events – on time and on budget. This is a very technical role. A can-do attitude with initiative and ability to multi-task will win the day. A successful candidate will have very strong follow-up skills, attention to detail and be a fussy advocate of pro-active quality control. Knowledge of traditional studios and video techniques will be helpful, but our studios are high tech cutting edge utilizing both Zero Density, Unreal Engine and LED Extended Reality Systems. Expect to be challenged to utilize the latest technology to achieve cutting edge results. Read the detailed responsibilities and qualifications below:
Responsibilities for the Director – Virtual Production Operations
- Develops a working expertise of virtual green screen studios utilizing Zero Density processing and Unreal Engine technology
- Develops a working expertise of LED extended reality system studios utilizing LED boards, lighting, processors and render engines.
- Operates the studio hardware and software to product high end cinematic video and live event production
- Manage outside specialists as needed to complete projects and various client needs. These can include: technical experts on the hardware and software, studio building, logistical vendors to move equipment, construction trades to build and upgrade facilities.
- Collaborate with editors and creatives to improve storytelling, realism and quality such that the projects are of high engagement and retention for various audience types.
- Own and coordinate the calendar for the various studios and studio assets, to exceed the needs of the clients and optimize studio yield
- Coordinate with Client Services to create an Order Intake for each project – provide daily call reports to update everyone on the status
- Manage pre-production meetings to fully understand what hardware, software and techniques and additional assets needed with each project.
- Manage real-time production:
- Including running a board station during shoots (lighting, camera focus, etc.)
- Performing quality checks
- Run and manage post-production including:
- Quality checks
- Maintain video treatment and project files, all costs related to each production project and facilitate payments and contracts with Finance department
Qualifications for virtual production studio manager (Required and Desired)
- Self-managed to achieve results. Strategic oversight will be provided, but this area will be yours to manage and ask for help when needed
- Knowledge or Zero Density, Unreal Engine and LED studio walls is a plus, training will be provided for the right candidate.
- Basic knowledge of studio production techniques including, different camera and lens types, proper filming techniques, lighting design, microphones and the post-production process
- Understanding of studio control rooms and what they do – ability (with training) to manage a studio control station such as lighting, camera, or real time quality control
- Ability to establish a high standard for the studios, operate the studios to this high standard – when not at that standard, troubleshoot to a solutions – and/or ask a specialist for help
- Highly motivated, proactive, energetic, creative and positive
- Bachelor’s degree in audio/visual communications, design, production or journalism communications and four years’ related experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Willingness and ability to follow direction from the producer, editor, creatives and/or director, while providing helpful guidance on the capabilities of the hardware and software
- Strong communication skills, personal integrity and strong work ethic
Please send your resume/CV with a cover letter explaining why you are the best candidate to
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org