Website TOEI Co.,Ltd. Toei Tokyo Movie Studios
Reporting to the Head of Virtual Production and VFX Supervisors, Supervisor/Lead Environment Artist will work within the team to provide high-quality environments for a variety of projects.
• Develop, manage and maintain timing and production quotas in accordance with the coordination team.
• Provides confident leadership and mentorship to the Environments team
• Assign, supervise and review the modeling team’s work.
• Develop and improve procedures and tools to facilitate production.
• Create photorealistic set extensions and 3D digital environments and props using latest software and techniques.
• Be responsible for basic work in lighting, texture, creation, modeling and rendering of partial or complete shots of digital environments.
• Assist in other tasks such as shader work and lighting & rendering of environment assets.
Skills and Experience
• A minimum of 5 to 7 years experience in the VFX industry, in specifically in feature films.
• Proficiency in creating completely believable, feature-quality digital environments.
• Strong knowledge of Photoshop, Substance and Maya.
• Familiarity with Houdini and Unreal is a plus;
• Experience with both 2D and 3D techniques including camera setup, modeling for projections, color space, projection setup, layer management and delivery to compositing.
• A good eye for composition.
• Knowledge of film formats and aspect ratios.
• Eager to provide or acquire photographic reference and take photogrammetry on-site.
• Proven ability to work closely with other artists under tight production schedules.
• Excellent organizational, communication and interpersonal skills.
• Able to react and respond quickly to the needs of management and clients.
How to Apply
Please email the documents to be submitted in (a), (b) and (c) to the address below.
We will inform you of the outcome of the resume submission process regardless of the result.
Please enter the phone number and email address that we can contact.
(B) Work history
(C) Demo reel
* Work hours are super flex.
* More international work environment and work hours unlike the usual productions in Japan.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com