Parallax Studios is a fast-growing creative design and entertainment studio based in Los Angeles. Collectively, our team draws from diverse industry experience across film ideation, visualization, production and concept art. We are looking for a technically creative go-getter to help us achieve our company goals.
Parallax is looking for an experienced, highly motivated Unreal Engine Technical Director (TD) to join our team. This person will help develop an Unreal Engine pre-production pipeline, workflows, and tool development for our Visualization team. This is a chance to get in on the ground floor and work on top tier level content for movies, TV, game cinematics, and more!
Depending on the applicant, this role could be an opportunity for full time employment or project- based independent contract. Employees are in-person Monday and Thursday at our Los Angeles office. Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Fridays are work from home. Remote work is negotiable.
Our ideal candidate will bring extensive Unreal experience in real-time production work. You will work with our talented Visualization team to support development within the Unreal Engine and other joint software. As an Unreal Technical Director, you will be responsible for ensuring our pipeline is running in an efficient, productive manner between creation of tools, software, and visualization workflows. In addition to providing technical support and assistance to our visualization artists, you will be responsible for developing new tools and scripts in C++, Blueprints, and Python in order to meet our team’s needs.
· Provide technical support for our in-house teams during production.
· Collaborate with our team to help develop, implement, and support Real time Engine C++, Blueprints, Editor Utility Widget development and Python tools for our Visualization workflow.
· Facilitate and advise on data I/O for Unreal.
· Develop and improve pipeline tools.
· Lead in planning and implementation of editor-based tools including editor-based widgets and artist facing tools.
· Support the art team and CG generalists by exporting assets from Maya and Blender to ensure Unreal compatibility.
· Ensure our tools and workflows are up to date with the industry standard.
· Be able to clearly communicate complex and technical ideas to technical and non-technical artists as well as our production team.
· Support and debug real-time render issues.
· Excellent C++, Python and technical Windows skills.
· Proficient with Unreal Engine, Blueprints, Metahuman, and working in trusted Unreal based systems.
· 3-4 plus years of experience in real time production (Movies, TV, and or Game Cinematics).
· Strong understanding of Previsualization workflows as well as all applications (i.e. Techvis, Previs, and Postvis).
· Experience with performance profiling in Unreal.
· Efficient understanding in implementation of other 3D software like Maya and Blender.
· Comprehension of virtual production, including the tools and software it involves.
· Creative problem solver and ability to determine what your team needs from project to project.
· Experience with Alembic workflows for Unreal.
· Experience with Maya Livelink for Unreal.
· Experience in level building and VFX trouble shooting in the Unreal Engine.
· Understanding and implementation of AI is a plus.
Pay Transparency Information
The expected annual base pay range(s) for this position vary based on a variety of factors which include, but are not limited to: skills, competencies, qualifications, knowledge and experience. Each pay range is only relevant to those residing in the state of California and can vary based on geographical location.
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.